Saturday, May 17, 2014

Heavily Redacted Signage

Join Mike in the studio, and walking around Birmingham, AL. Topics include: Doo-Dah Day; how Birmingham is progressive and doesn't reflect the staunch-conservative values of the rest of Alabama; Dale Peterson, back again! (the gun-toting nut job political candidate I talked about a while back); Midnight Citizen TV has been updated; wish I had a porch; Harrison Ford to star in "Blade Runner 2"; we should stop focusing on improving old things and make new art; "Ready Player One"; 20/20 and John Stossel; wrestling; donut indulgences; my laundry was stolen by someone (but later returned); negative people and what we can learn from them, and; much more!


Show time: 1:26:22

Music for this episode by Mister Electric Demon and Dave Smith.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivs 3.0 United States License. Attribution by Mike Boody. Released May 2014, on The Overnightscape Underground (onsug.com) and The Midnight Citizen (themidnightcitizen.com).

1 comment:

  1. I think porches are often left underutilized because of mosquitoes.

    The other day I saw a silver car with some lightly frosted, translucent white bumper sticker-like designs on the lip of the trunk. He was in front of me and we were stuck at a light. The colors were the worst possible contrast if you wanted your bumper sticker to be read. So I passed the time trying to figure out what these logos said and why anyone would pick such terrible colors for stickers on a silver car. Well one was the Intel logo, but instead of saying "Intel Inside" in the little circle swoosh, it said "Satan Inside". The other design was a pentagram with "El Rey de Salem" written under it. I guess they were hard to red on purpose.

    I also saw a half torn off bumper sticker on one guy's truck once. The half I could read said in big letters "I Love Anim..." and underneath it in little letters was, "they're tas...."

    ReplyDelete