Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Through a Killer Darkly

Back in 2004, Fangoria released a comprehensive list of what they believed to be the 50 scariest movies of all time. Not being an avid subscriber to the historic magazine, I picked up a copy, thinking this might be (at least) a fairly crucial quick-reference encyclopedia to have on hand. Slowly but surely, I made my way through the list, and, to my surprise, found its picks relatively tame. Even though I liked most of them, and was moderately enlightened by such listed classics as "Jacob's Ladder" and "Cronos", nothing, to me, really lived up the hyperbole Fangoria was granting these flicks. I don't know when I abandoned the list, but it was certainly before I got to "Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer". If I had gotten to "Henry", well, I would have felt too intimidated, rather than too passe', to continue onward. It's a rabbit hole of a movie; once you're through it, it can only get darker. Read More...

No comments:

Post a Comment